Trainee Hair Extension Technician/ Salon Assistant, Edinburgh
We’re looking for a full-time Trainee Hair Extension Technician/Salon Assistant. No experience is necessary as full training will be provided. Hairdressing experience is an advantage although it isn’t essential for exceptional candidates.
CrownCouture is a prestigious organisation with an enviable reputation within the hair extension industry.
From our exclusive salon in the heart of Edinburgh City Centre, we push the boundaries of hair extension design, creating stunning new looks for a mix of local, national and international clients. Due to expansion, we are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated and ambitious individual for our Edinburgh salon.
CrownCouture also run a highly successful hair supply company where we supply hair to busy trade clients all over the UK. In addition, CrownCouture is one of the UK’s leading hair extension training academies.
- Are hard-working, enthusiastic & ambitious
- Have excellent people skills
- Are committed to delivering a 5* customer experience
- Have a steady work history (though not necessarily in the hair industry)
- Are able to work full-time (Tues-Sat)
- Then we want to hear from you!
In addition, you’ll need to be professional, a real team player, reliable, punctual, tidy, quick-thinking and with a desire to deliver the very best for our clients, one client at a time. If applicable, a valid UK work permit is required and references will be followed up.
An existing NVQ level 2 in hairdressing will be an advantage.
This is an extremely diverse and hands-on role. Working in our salon, you will be assisting our technicians. You will also be responsible for ensuring our clients are well looked after throughout their entire visit so it’s important that you’re able to deliver exceptional customer service.
You will receive first class hair extension training in-house. You will be expected to practise and fit hair extensions with a view to becoming a fully-fledged CrownCouture hair extension technician.
Duties will also include answering telephone, answering social media enquiries, taking bookings, taking trade orders, making orders up, tipping hair, making drinks, general admin duties, cleaning/tidying, checking voicemails/emails, post duties, and other general salon assistance.
WORKING HOURS & STARTING SALARY
Normal working hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 9.30am to 5.15pm. Salaries and performance are reviewed on a regular basis and trainees, if successful, can expect to become a Lead Hair Extension Technician within 18 to 24 months.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent career prospects – some of our assistants will go on to supervise/manage salons in other parts of the UK and possibly abroad! Due to becoming part of a multifaceted company, there is also the opportunity to move into different fields such as hair replacement, sales, admin and/or teaching within our hair extension academy.
- Staff purchase scheme & discounted hair styling
- Competitive salary, 28 days paid holiday & pension contribution
- Excellent working environment & great team spirit!
- Added benefit of making a real difference for our clients.
- Due to imminent expansion, there may be some national and international travel too!
GET IN TOUCH
Immediate start and full training available for the right candidate.
In the first instance, please send your CV along with a covering letter stating why you think you’re the right person for the job. We would also like to see 100 words on the following question: ‘what makes you a hair superstar?’
And, if we don’t get to meet you, the best of luck in your search!
Job Type: Full-time
Desired experience: Hairdressing: 1 year
Required language: English